Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Whisky Tango Foxtrot?

Okay, after my dance with the hormonally-driven and emotionally-driven eating I did starting Thursday of last week, I fully expected to step on the scale this AM for my weekly weigh-in and see a maintain or a gain. Nope. In fact, I'm down 6.2 pounds, which is my 2nd highest loss in a week since I've started WW. I'm really not entirely sure I can explain what happened, though I think the cause was 2-fold. One: my body has now let go of all the fluid it retained during my moon. Two: my body needed a "vacation" from the program for a couple of days. I have been doing the program almost letter-perfect since I started about 6 weeks ago. So, I'm going to stay almost letter-perfect (as much as I can) until the Beltaine Gathering in May, where I'll be in the position to be more worried about getting gluten-ed than I will be about Points. That's another 6 weeks & I'll probably be ready for another "vacation". Until then, I'll make sure I'm working the program as well as I can, keep getting my exercise and staying withing my Points. I do really need to get better about my fruits/veggies checkmark. I'm not getting nearly what I need, and I'm not sure what to add to my day that isn't really heavy in Points, though most green veggies are 0 Points, so... I'll see if, when we go to the supermarket this weekend, if I can't get some cans of green veggies to have with my suppers. That'll work. Plus, green veggies are a perfect vehicle for my healthy oils. :-)

So, with this 6.2 pounds, I am now down a total of 29.2 pounds and am within 5 pounds of my 10% goal which I set to reach in June. Unless my loss really slows down, I think I'll do it. ;-) Hells, I might do it by next week... who knows?

S. & I are set to go to the gym tonite & lift weights. I went yesterday by myself and walked on the treadmill for half an hour. I'm trying to get some hills whenever I walk right now (which meant incline on the treadmill) because the site where the Beltaine Gathering is held is, well, hilly. It seems wierd to say that I'm in "training" for a Gathering, but if you have ever run one, you'll completely understand. If not, well... It's hard to describe.

I'm also training for a 5K. I'm aiming to participate in one the weekend before the Gathering and I want to be able to finish it in under an hour. I'm not really sure how to go about this, because most of the training programs are for runners and I'm not there yet (and I may never be, thanks to blowing out my knees cheering). So, I'm sorta doing my own program where I'm trying to shave time off of my walks around the pond and then, when I'm on the treadmill, I'm trying to walk at speeds greater than 3.1 MPH to get my legs & lungs used to it. :-) So far, so good. I guess we'll just have to see. But, at least the 5K I'm wanting to walk is actually open to walkers (in fact, encourages them). Most of them around here cater to runners. Well, except for the Race for the Cure... you can walk that one, too, and not get looked @ funny. :-) So, I'm going to do this one in April and then the Race in October. Next year, when I'm in better shape & weigh much less, I may try to add 2 more. We'll just have to see.

No comments: