Thursday, March 22, 2007

I'm so proud of me...

I went to the gym yesterday and worked out, even though S. overdid it on Tuesday and decided not to go yesterday. I even worked out in my sports bra and leggings. Wow! Who am I? I decided that I'm not going to the gym to be a fashion plate. I'm not there to find a potential partner cuz I already have one, so I'm not worried about impressing anyone. I'm there to work out. It's that simple. I worked out in a sports bra (well, technically a yoga top, but still) because I'd gotten overheated on Tuesday working out in a T-shirt. I figured I'd be able to work out a bit harder if I was cooler. And I was. :-) I did my weights, wherein I raised the weight on my triceps, abs and back. Then, I went and did 30 minutes on the treadmill. I had to put it on 1.0 incline and 3.2 MPH to get my heartrate above 120, so I guess this is all having a positive effect on my cardiovascular health. Das is sehr, sehr gut!. Unfortunately, my legs aren't up for working out that hard. So, one of my goals for today is to look up ways to increase muscular endurance. Cross-training with the swimming should help some, and I'm going to swim for my cardio tomorrow & Saturday if S. doesn't go with me to the gym. Giving my joints the day off, but still getting my cardio in will be a good thing. :-)

I've decided that I'm not going to eat my APs today. I've already earned 4 (which is plenty for the day) by walking for 45 minutes outside. I also need to really push the water today and really watch the Na+ because I'm retaining fluid for some reason and I need it to go! :-) Heck, I might try the suggestion someone gave on my list of laying on my left side and putting my right foot up above my heart. Heck, just putting my feet up like I encourage S. to do couldn't hurt. :-)

No comments: