Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Woot!

Well, I was right. I had a hell of a weigh in this morning. I'm down 8.4 pounds from last week. I can hardly believe it! That puts me down a total of about 23 pounds from my highest weight and down 15.4 pounds since starting WW. I know that these losses aren't going to continue indefinitely (nor should they... I don't want to lose weight too fast), but I'm enjoying them while they're here because they'll make the much slower loss easier to cope with.

Another Woot! for today is the fact that I bought a pair of 22/24 pants about a year ago and didn't try them on... consequently, they didn't fit. But, I kept them instead of returning them because I was determined to get into them eventually. Well, this morning I put them on and wore them to work. Sure, they have some stretch to them, but they are still a size smaller than the khakis I bought a month ago. :-) Speaking of my khakis... I've got to get a belt. They are about to the point where they're gonna be sliding down if I'm not careful. Gee, that just sucks. *smirk*

So, I've got 10.6 pounds to go before I hit my 10% goal of 26 pounds. I've set the time on that for S.'s birthday in June. I expect to hit it before then, but I want to make sure I have plenty of time. Then, my goals will probably be 10-pound increments until I've lost the full 115 pounds I needed to (down to 99.6 now!!!).

I just can't believe this program is working so well for me. I fully expect I would be having the same middling success I've had on every other program if I hadn't discovered (thanks Cat!) my gluten sensitivity. Doing WW and gluten-free has been kind of a challenge, but not onerously so. Since all fruits & veggies are naturally gluten free, I'm okay there. I'm just having to be careful with low-fat dairy because they sometimes use wheat as filler. Still, it's not too bad.

I can so do this!

No comments: