Thursday, March 22, 2007

Bump in the road

Well, I've hit a bump in the road and that bump is called hormone-driven food cravings. All I seem to want today is sugar, sugar, and more sugar. Oh, and did I mention sugar? I know that this is just a temporary problem and that it will ease off in a day or so, but I also know that I am finishing a tube of gummy bears (at 9 Pts) and am planning with malice of forethought a Hershey Kiss binge when I get home. I fully intend to document said binge and count the points, and then start fresh in the AM. I have GOT to start getting some protein in the AM with my breakfast. I believe that is what started this train rolling. So, I'll either have S. get some eggs on his way home and I'll boil 'em up or I'll buy the two boiled egg bowl in the cafeteria or something. I'm even tempted to try the Ezekiel bread with a slather of PB. I am hoping (possibly beyond hope) that I am one of the gluten sensitive people who can tolerate sprouted grain bread. It is a great deal more expensive than regular bread, but it's still bread I can do. The cinnamon raisin I got is 1 Pt/slice. I need to clean out the toaster cuz it's been a while since we used it last, and try a piece. Each slice has something like 4g of protein, so that would help in the AM until I can get some eggs. We even have a toaster here, so I could just bring my slice of bread and toast it here. Yeah, that would possibly contaminate me with gluten-y bread crumbs... I dunno. All I know is that I've got to find less point-heavy ways of dealing with these cravings and hopefully circumvent them.

*sigh*

2 comments:

Bekah M said...

It was so very good to see you this weekend. I miss you terribly.

Bekah M said...

It was so good to see you this weekend. I miss you terribly.