Tuesday, May 05, 2009

*le sigh*

Okay. I have -got- to get my act together and treat my weight seriously. My cholesterol and triglycerides are back up. So much so that my doc has added another medication. Grrrr. I didn't go -crazy- with my Points last week, but I'm still up again, darn it. 3.4#, to be exact. This has -got- to stop. So, I'm pondering whether or not next week should be a Simply Filling week and see how I do there. Dunno. If I do Simply Filling, I'll have to start making my Bento again because there does not exist a SF convenience meal. :-) So... I'll explore the SF list and see if it looks like something I can do for a week. All I know is that eating out is killing me with regards to Points. I've put forth the idea of coming up with a meal rotation so that we know what we're going to have for supper every night. I don't know that I'll get far enough ahead of the game to start cooking once a week, but that might be what I need to do, especially when I start grad school. I really want to get a food vacuum sealer thingy. That would help me make my own "TV dinners" for which I already know the Points and know the ingredients (esp the sodium).

For now, though, I need to start exercising. I think that my food choices will improve as I start exercising. That's what happened when I lost 50#. Plus, if I'm paying for a gym membership, I should use it, right? I'll make that change (going to the gym) first and see if that's the trick. If not, I'll try gym + Simply Filling and see if -that- is. If neither is, well, I just don't know. I'll have to step back and punt, I reckon. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you are having such trouble. I'm not doing very well myself. My problem has been emotional, but I'm hoping that will clear up with the new psych meds I just started and I'll feel more like exercising and less need for sweets.

H. R. Duby said...

@goddesscardea

I so get that. That's one of the reasons I've gained back the 50# I'd lost. I thought I could deal with stuff without my Wellbutrin. Alas, not so much. I was still treating my depression, but with sugar and other carbs rather than pharmaceuticals. I wish you the best of luck, and please feel free to email me if you need to. OK?