Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sick and tired

Yeah, that old cliche about being sick and tired of being sick and tired... of course, things don't get to be cliched without being terribly true. I'm tired of not being able to exercise, darn it! I am hoping that my writing (oh, okay, I'll be honest here - whining) about not being able to exercise will help me bust through any excuses I try to come up with when I -am- able to exercise and don't wanna. I'm counting my Points this week and am trying hard to get all my healthy guidelines met - except for the glaring exception of 30 minutes of activity each day. My breathing is such that even light housecleaning is wearing me out this week. *sigh* I'm trying to figure out how much longer I'm going to put up with this before I break down and go to the doctor. With this bout, it doesn't feel "off", so I expect it's either a cold or some other upper respiratory infection. I'm drinking lots of fluids and not overdoing it, so I can't imagine my doctor would be able to do anything else. If it -is- bronchitis, I'm not sure how much good an antibiotic would do at this point. I don't -think- it's pneumonia...

Heck. I just don't know. All I know is that my head hurts (that's hormonal), my voice is still nearly gone (but no sore throat), I'm still coughing (non-productive) and feel like I could sleep for a week. So, tonight, I'm going to write in my pen-and-paper journal and go to bed early. Maybe a good night's sleep will improve my outlook.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, hon. *hugs*