Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Green for launch

I'm okay to go back to exercising. Finally. Sheesh! Between the lack of forward momentum/progress of my cardiovascular endurance facilitated by regular exercise, and the -backwards- momentum caused to it by the Whooping Cough, I'm decidedly out of shape now. I've also gained back ALL of the weight I'd lost on Weight Watchers, plus some. *le sigh*

And speaking of momentum... that's the name of the newly-launched Weight Watchers program (it replaces "Turn Around"). I don't know the full deets yet, but the info I've gleaned gives me the impression that it's just a combo between the Flex and Core plans, where you still count Points, but eat mostly "Filling Foods" (the old Core list). I believe this to be mostly marketing, because a LOT of people on my WW mailing list have been doing this, calling it Flore. *shrug* There are probably some other minor changes, but since I don't go to meetings, I don't know for sure. Anyway, because WW is a healthy, balanced program and I know I can be successful on it, that's where I'm landing. I'd like to get by the WW center and get a new 3-month Food Journal, as it's the best way for me to stay accountable. I've tried to just write things down on paper, but the actual WW food journal seems to give me the most success. Knowing that, when I go, I should probably just buy a couple at a time. :-)

I hope that anyone who might be reading had a good Christmas/Hanukkah/Yule and is having a great year so far!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck.

I'll try to read and comment more often. *hugs*