Thursday, January 22, 2009

Still hanging in there

Overall, I'm feeling a LOT better. Unfortunately, I don't have much of a voice and I'm still coughing. Hopefully, the predicted warm-up will have a beneficial effect on my lungs. We are also cleaning around the apartment, which is getting rid of a lot of dust and other allergens, so that should help, too. I've been pondering about exercise. I know that you are not supposed to do serious cardio when you are dealing with respiratory issues. But I wonder if something like Yoga or Pilates would be OK. That way I could get some activity without over-doing. I don't know. I guess I should research it. Failing that, I could try one workout and rely on my body to tell me if it's too much.

I'm still not officially counting Points, but I -am- writing down everything I eat in my food journal. Just the writing it down helps keep me accountable and I'm much more likely to make better choices, even when I'm not counting Points. I expect that, when the grand and glorious days of my maintenance phase comes, journaling will still need to be a part of my plan. I have to wonder if just making sure I get my healthy guidelines in and writing it down would be enough? That's not -official- WW, but... I don't know. For now, I probably need to get back on the wagon and start counting my Points. I'll just be glad when I can actually taste my food again.

No comments: