Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Happy Woofie Dance!!!

4 pounds, baby! I'm pretty sure it could have been 5 if I'd had a slightly lighter hand on the salt shaker last night @ supper. But, I'm taking my victory anyway and not dwelling on the "what if I'd..." Those "what if I'd..."'s have gotten me into nothing but trouble and depression and they are hereby verboten. So there. It was so exciting to be able to go the Ticker Factory and update my weightloss ticker to say 241. I now have less than 100 pounds to lose. Wow. Sure, I still have a ways to go and it won't all be wine and roses, but, allow me to bask in the glow of losing 4 pounds. If we want to get all technical about it, when I weighed on 02/19 (my start date) I was @ 250. So, I've really lost 9 pounds. How kewl is that?

I also found out when I was grocery shopping last night (which I did with my Points Finder) that I've been short changing myself 2 Pts/day because my string cheese is actually only 1 Point per serving. Oh, well. :-)

I stayed within my DPAs yesterday, even with going out to eat. I'm darn proud of that fact!

On a whim, I checked my fasting blood sugar this AM. It was 113. That means that I need to add my metformin back in the evening, but that's okay. It's only temporary because I'm certain that when I've lost a bit more weight I won't need it to keep my blood sugar under control. Thankfully, with this program, I'm not having hypoglycemia attacks. I just don't want it to swing the other direction. I've thus far managed to not become Type 2 diabetic, and I would like that to continue. I'm also hoping that the program will also help me get my triglycerides and total cholesterol down so that I can get off the gemfibrozil, too. That would be awesome.

S. & I are supposed to go work out this evening when I get off the bus. It's gonna depend on how he's feeling if we go work out. He had a bad night and his ankle was hurting yesterday. I did bring my clothes so I can go even if he doesn't feel up to it. If he doesn't want to, I may see if he'll meet me @ the transfer point and take my bookbag & stuff home so I don't have to worry about stowing it. I don't know if the lockers @ the Y have locks. If not, I'll see what their regulations for locks are and if combos are allowed, I'll get one in the bookstore tomorrow.

Anyway. Week 1 down. :-)

No comments: