Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Happy Tuesday

Still doing well. I stayed within (got to 0) my DPAs and earned 3 APs yesterday. Since we've planned to go out to supper tonight before we go to the supermarket, I didn't bring the brekkie casserole to save those 4 points. Instead, I had an apple dipped in my yogurt, which was quite tasty. I have a piece of string cheese to have for my snack, which I'm doing now. I'm a bit hungrier at this point in the day than I was yesterday or last week, but not too bad. This week, I'm really going to make the effort to not use any of my WPAs so I can see what that does to my weight. Then, next week, I'm going to eat all of them and see what that does. Some people say that you lose better when you eat all of your Points. We'll see. I might alternate like this, just so my body doesn't get used to the same old thing, sort of like changing up your exercise routine.

I saw an interesting idea for the brekkie casserole. It should further reduce the number of Points/serving... make it in a muffin pan. I'll just have to see how nasty my muffin pan is and get a new one if it's truly pathetic (which I full expect it to be). Anyway, I thought it was an interesting idea. :-)

I'm really looking forward to getting back into the gym, even if I can't swim for a while. Upon further research, it seems like the rash on my legs is a fungal infection. So, I'll get some anti-fungal cream and treat it for a couple of weeks. If it's not gone in 2 weeks, then I'll see the doc about it, because it's probably not a fungal infection. Even if it is gone by then, I'll need to keep up with the treatment for a further two weeks to make sure it's gone gone. So, that means no pool for me for the first month, but that's alright. There should be plenty of cardio equipment for me to use in the interim. Plus, it's getting nice enough to walk outside, too. It's mostly the weights and the pool we're joining for (and the body composition analysis/personal trainer), so it's all good. I'll have to make sure that I don't over do the weights at the outset; that I remind myself that it's been quite some time since I lifted & I won't be at that same level for a while.

So, this week is off to a good start. I'm actually looking forward to weighing in tomorrow. This AM it was 241, so we'll just hope it stays in that basic area (241/242) or edges a bit lower by tomorrow AM. That would so totally rock! It's so gorram difficult for me to lose weight that 5 pounds my first week would be awesome! I guess we'll just have to see, eh? If I can lose 5 pounds at this week's WI and another 3-4 at next week's, I'll feel assured that this is, indeed, the program for me. I know that my weight loss will inch to a crawl after that, but that's okay. If I'm seeing the overall trend as a downward progression, it's all good. :-)

No comments: