Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Adventures in shopping & Staying on Program

I really want to congratulate myself on staying on program for three days in a row so far. That may not seem like a lot, but... Granted, I didn't quite get all of my Points on Monday, but I got up late and had a headache/migraine, so... I find it interesting that I didn't eat all my Points on Monday, and the scale said 250 on Tuesday... I eat all of them yesterday, and this AM the scale said 245. *shrug* I guess there is something to the idea that you have to eat to lose weight. I'm probably going to continue weighing everyday until we join the Y and we hide the home scale and only weigh in at the Y. I do need to make sure that I'm taking my meds like I should... I've been mostly ok, but I've been spotty, too. They really do me no good if I don't take them.

I had to go out and get a pair of khaki pants for my volunteer gig this weekend. I was, to be honest, a bit nervous about that because I've not bought anything with a button and zipper in a LONG time. It also turns out that most of the "normal" stores like Penney's, Sears and the like only go up to 24. Actually, I think that Sears only went up to 22 - or they were completely out of 24s or something. Anyway. My knit pants are a 24 so I wasn't really holding out much hope that I'd be able to find any, but I found a couple of pairs @ Penney's and held my breath that I could fit into them. I didn't want to try on those pants and have them be too small, you know? Thankfully, they have some stretch to them so they fit okay. I look HUGE in them, but at least they fit. I decided then and there that those are the absolutely LAST pair I buy in that size or larger. Every other pair of pants I buy for myself will be smaller, dammit.

I'm realistic enough to know that I will most likely never fit into a single digit size, though that would be nice - even once. However, I'll be thrilled with a 10/12 or 12/14. Once I'm approaching those sizes, I'm gonna start looking for some club wear. I don't know precisely how much time or inclination I'll have for the club scene at my age, but, darn it... I've never really had the body for the club scene, and I will soon, so. There. Plus, even if I never wear it out, my hubby will like seeing me in it anyway. :-)

No comments: