Thursday, February 22, 2007

Still going strong...

Day 4 & I'm still going strong. P. & I are going out for supper tonight, so we'll see how I do @ a buffet. Since there is a salad bar, I should be able to mitigate the damage and get some of my daily servings of veggies. :-) I'm doing great with my water... maybe too good. I'll look up the effects of too much water and see if that's what's causing my insomnia. If so, I'll have to find something else to drink. For this week, I've been getting around 4 32 oz. bottles. I don't think that's too much, but I guess it could be. All I know is that this bout of insomnia is kicking my ass in a serious way. While I'm at the desk, I'll see if I can research insomnia and what I can do about it. I'm hoping that it's just a combination of too much stress lately and not enough exercise and that, now that I'm getting more exercise and am not under nearly the amount of stress, I'll start sleeping better. I'm not sure if there are other medical conditions that can cause insomnia, but I'm going to see Dr. M on 03/09, so we'll start ruling them out if there are.

I'm wearing my new khakis today. I really think that, by the time I go see the doc, I'll be in a 22. These are actually a bit looser than they seemed to be @ the store. I'm really okay with that, even if I am wierded out by the fact that I'm wearing the first pants with a button and zipper in at least 2 years.

Our kit came yesterday, so I'm eagerly pouring over all of the information (of which there is a plethora). I've got just at 2 weeks before my doctors' appointments. Is it the height of wishful thinking to hope for at least a 5 pound loss by then? By my scale, that will put me at 240 & their scale will weigh me approximately 10 pounds higher. I guess we'll just have to see. We'll have joined the Y between now & then and I'll be eating on plan, so I suppose anything is possible.

No comments: