Friday, February 23, 2007

The insomnia daemon

Well, I decided to "cheat" a little yesterday and have some coconut drops while I was out at the desk. The bag had 10 Points, but that's okay. I ended up eating about 15 Points worth of food while we were @ Ryan's, which I counted in my WPAs because the coconut drops used up the last of my DPAs. That's OK. I have plenty of WPAs, so I figured it was a good use of them, to go out to supper with my Wolf. :-) I had set myself the goal of earning 7 APs this week, and I've earned 3 so far. I'm getting ready to go do a 10-15 minute walk, so I'll get another AP. At my weight, I have to walk 20 minutes to earn 2, but that's okay. I expect I'll earn the rest of them tomorrow at the Indoor Track Championships that I'm volunteering at.

I'm still not sleeping well and I'm beginning not to trust my perceptions or my balance. I'm going to go home tonight and have some supper and then take a hot shower and take 2 Tylenol PMs and go to bed EARLY (like 9:30PM or so). Maybe that will give me enough time in the bed to catch up some. I know you can't really catch up on lost sleep, but I've got to pretend to. Otherwise, I just don't know what I'm gonna do.

Anyway. I'm back on program for today. I don't even feel that old "well, I screwed up yesterday, so I might as well give up and have a bag of Oreos" thing. I'm just back on program. Maybe this will actually work for me. Gods! Wouldn't that be nice for a change? A weightloss program that actually helps me lose weight? Oh, and get healthy? What a novel concept.

Maybe my walk (outside, where it's cooled down a LOT since yesterday) will help me wake up some. Let's find out.

No comments: