Monday, March 28, 2011

Victories of the Scale and Non-Scale Variety

First, the scale victory. I've banished an additional pound at this week's weigh-in. I'm not down as far as a low during the week, but I only record the weight at my "official" weigh-in and it's still good. :-) I'm edging closer and closer to 40# banished since surgery. As of this AM, it's 38.2#. I'm really, really okay with that. It's still almost 3#/week and I think that's pretty good! Hopefully, I'll have a woosh week this week and banish a LOT. I have my 3-month appointment with my surgeon on Thursday, and having the full 40# banished by then would be AWESOME! We'll just have to see.

Now, the non-scale victory. I've been walking around in clothes that make me look like a kid playing dress up. Thanks to my tax refund finally showing up, I went yesterday and got a few pairs of pants. I wasn't really sure what size I'd need, but figured I'd take a stab, try them on, and go from there. :-) Well, my victory is that, in 3 months, I've gone from a 26/28 to an 18/20!!!!!!! My new button-and-zipper pants are a 20W. Holy guacamole, Batman! Just for gits and shiggles, I tried on a pair of the 18W's I've had hanging around since 2007, knowing I'd get back into them eventually. They are nowhere near where I can actually button or zip them, but I CAN get them up over my hips! Woot! I don't know if I'll be able to get them buttoned and zipped by our anniversary on 04/13 but I'm definitely still going to try. It's 2.5 weeks away. Even if they are so tight I can't breathe and I certainly wouldn't wear them OUT, I'll count it. ;-)

While we were out and about yesterday, we also went to the supermarket, so I have high-protein noms to take my brekkie and lunch and snacks, leaving me less vulnerable to the dreck they serve in the cafeteria here at work. This is an good thing. So, proper foodness, exercise, fluids... oh, yeah. I sense a WOOSH. How 'bout y'all? Favorable weather conditions for the next evolution. Hooah!

No comments: