Monday, March 21, 2011

Official Weigh-In

So, I alluded to a new recent low in my last post. I hit that, and it just got better for my official weigh in! I'm now at 234.6! From my high, I've now banished 66.4# and since surgery, 37.2#. I'd hoped to have banished an even 40# by my 3 month surgiversary, and I got close. But I walked every weekday last week, and started my strength-training routine, so I'll count that more as my victory. :-) I took my measurements, too, yesterday and I've shrunk an additional 11.5" since last month! I'm kicking myself for not having done "before" measurements because now I won't know how much total, but since the measurements I took for my 1-month surgiversary on January 20, I'm now 33" smaller! I can definitely tell that shrinkage in the way my clothes don't fit. ;-) I'm not sure that what went on over the weekend could really be counted as a "period", though I've had lighter when I was on the Pill. Since I'm no longer wanting to suck at the teat of the Reese's Cup factory, I'm gonna count it at least for now. :-) If I suddenly have a more obviously "normal" period, I'll re-figure. :-)

I finally got a 5# dumbbell, so I can really get down to doing the routine my sis sent me. Hope it starts firming up my batwings, as they are getting kinda annoying since it's almost sleeveless weather. ;-)

I'll be seeing some people this weekend who haven't seen me since well before surgery. I wonder if they'll even recognize me. Heck, there are days when -I- don't recognize me. :-) I saw a friend on Friday who'd not seen me since before surgery and she declared me the "Incredible Shrinking Woman". That was kinda kewl! I see my surgeon next week for my 3-month follow-up. I hope he's as happy with my progress as I've been.

Have a great week, everyone! Hope the weather is as nice in your area as it is here.

No comments: