Thursday, March 17, 2011

Good week so far!

It's been a great week so far, regarding exercise. I walked part of the way or all of the home Monday, Tuesday and yesterday. Yesterday, I walked 20 minutes on my AM break AND walked all the way home. Today is my late day, so I walked for an hour before work! Yesterday, I did a simple resistance routine, though with light weight because I've not gotten out to get a heavier one yet. :-) Something is better than nothing, right?

Food-wise, not as good. I've made the best choices I can, but my head hunger is AWFUL! I don't know if it's the "Super Moon" or if I'm gearing up for the worst period known to humankind or what, but it's been really bad. I'd like to honestly be able to tell you that I've not succumbed to my head hunger. But if I sat here and told you that, I'd be lying. So I won't. I'm trying to eat something with protein in it every 2 hours or so. That's helped. I figure that, if my body is fed, then my head can just STFU. :-) If anyone else has helpful hints for slaying the head hunger beastie, hit me in the comments.

To end on an up note: I had my lowest weigh-in in recent history. It's not official, so I won't tell you. But it's the lowest it's been in about 3 years. :-) We are rapidly approaching the lowest my weight has been in over a decade. Kinda scary, actually. Maybe that's part of what is behind the head hunger? Hmmm... I shall have to ponder.

In any case, I hope that you all are having a great week. The weather here is beautiful and I've really been enjoying getting out and walking in the fresh air and sunshine. It'd be nice if I'd remembered that the Bradford Pears bloom right around now and had started taking my allergy meds about a week ago. Oh, well. I'm gonna make a note in my calender to start at the beginning of March next year to give it plenty of time to kick in before the darn trees start with their bloomin' blooming. :-) With the cold snap we just had, the Dogwoods are hot on their trail, which means I'll be miserable by next week. I'll just keep taking the meds and hope for the best. TTFN!

2 comments:

InWeighOverMyHead said...

I can't wait to hear your offical WI!

Anonymous said...

I do not like head hunger!!! Sounds like you're working it out though. Looking forward to your weigh in!