Thursday, March 31, 2011

Three-month Appointment Update/Rough Week/NSV

I had my 3-month appointment with the surgeon this morning. I didn't get the full 40# banished but 39.3 is still darn good, IMHO. :-) I've been kind of thinking that I'm banishing slowly, but he told me that I'm on par with the average bypass patient, so I guess I'm doing better than I thought. Thus far, I've not really had a stall to speak of, so that's part of why I'm doing so well. He told me that his ultimate goal for me is 150 and asked me if I'd be happy there. I don't know about the rest of you, but that sounds just fine with me. :-) It's about 20# above my "ideal", but we both agree that it's a realistic goal. I'm all about realistic. So, as of this appointment, I've now banished 38% of my EW, and he considers anything above 60% a success. I got a copy of my labs, and I'll have a better idea of how I'm doing when I input the numbers into my spreadsheet - update forthcoming. :-) I do know off the top of my head that my HDL is much better, which means the exercise is paying off. My goal from Dr. C for my 6-month appointment in June is to be under 200. I'd already set that goal for myself, so it's nice to see that we're on the same page. :-) It means maintaining my 2.5#+/week average, but I still think it's a realistic goal. All-in-all, a good appointment.

I have had kind of a rough week, so my good appointment this morning, and the NSV I'll tell you about in a mo' were very welcome. Saturday, I tried to go camping. Unfortunately, the weather conspired against us and we had to come home Saturday night. The damp cold settled into my joints/muscles quite well, and left me on the teetering edge of a Fibro flare. Then I was up way too late on Sunday (though I'm certainly not complaining about the reason ;-)). Monday I was just dragging, but in decent spirits. Tuesday, one of our faculty members (and the man I'd taken Spanish from) had a stroke and died. I didn't know him as well as I would've liked, but we'd had many conversations over the years about Spanish, Hispanic culture and books since we both loved to read. Yesterday would have been my Daddy's 73rd birthday, and I tend to miss him a lot on his birthday. I'm a bit better today, but it's still been a rough week.

In my last post, I mentioned the 18Ws I'd hung onto. Well, the pair I'd tried on that didn't fit is probably the smallest of the three pairs. I am always confused how pairs of pants in the same size, from the same lable, cut with the same pattern can be different, but these are. I have a black pair, a khaki pair, and a burgandy/maroon pair and the burgandys are the smallest. I was able to wear the black the longest on the way back up the scale, so I figured they were cut just a little bit bigger. Anyway, I decided I'd try them on again yesterday for a little non-scale encouragement. Even if they didn't fit, even if I couldn't button or zip them, just knowing I can get them up over my hips means I'm doing the right thing. So I pulled on the black pair. Up over my hips they went (that was nothing new). To my supremely happy surprise, they also buttoned... and zipped! And I didn't even need to do the on-the-bed-butt-wiggle to do it! I nearly cried! So, I thought I'd try the khaki pair. Same thing. Up. Button. Zip. Woot! Now, for the smallest of the three. Up. Button. It took a little more wiggling to zip them, but I still did it standing up!!!!! They are still a little to snug for my comfort regarding wearing them out of the house. But I now know that they'll fit just fine on our anniversary. :-)

Now I just need to get out and get new sneakers so my feet don't give out on me doing all this walking. :-)

Happy Thursday, everyone. Hope the sun comes back soon.

1 comment:

InWeighOverMyHead said...

so sorry about your friend, happy for you for you nsv.