Monday, August 23, 2010

Just another manic Monday (with apologies to The Bangles)

Happy Monday morning, all. And by "all" I mean the three people who are actually actively reading my blabbers. ;-)

Anyway. Class on Saturday was interesting. Thankfully, it didn't involve a phone call to Centra tech support like my Wednesday class did. I managed to get through it without caffeine - dunno how. I woke up Sunday with severe pain in my right foot and realized that the plantar faciitis is back. So I got right on my treatment for it. I'm hoping I can manage to ease it off with my home treatments so we don't have to resort to steroids again. That's the -last- thing I need. Because of that, I'm doubly motivated to work out in the pool today rather than walking on the treadmill. I -did- go & do my morning walk break and it was OK, but I don't want to push it. So, weather permitting (i.e. no lightning), I'll water walk/swim when I get home. If it's storming when I get downtown, I'll ponder a trip to the Y rather than risking the weather will hold and keep me from getting my workout.

It's really strange. Since I've started really getting a handle on my emotional eating & my eating out of boredom, I'm simply not all that hungry. I guess that's a good thing. But, as such, I'm eating when I'm hungry and stopping when I'm full. I'm also drinking a LOT of water. I'm hoping that eating moderate amounts of food, massive amounts of water, and exercise will show a significant loss on my doc's scale on 09/03. I have to lose 15-30 pounds before my surgeon will even think about scheduling surgery, so... As of this AM (according to my scale), I'm down 7.3#, so I'm nearly half-way there.

1 comment:

Rosemary Lee said...

You're doing great!! I can't wait to follow your journey!!!!!