Friday, September 03, 2010

Month 4

Of all the gorram days for my body to decide it is going to go into competition with the Hoover Dam over who can retain the most water, it would have to be today? Why?!? So, even though my scale at home has had me as low as 286# in the past week, I showed a 2# gain at the doctor's office this morning. Grrrrr! But, have I mentioned how much I ♥ my doctor? We talked about what I've been doing and he's happy with that so he told me to not get so frustrated with myself. Just keep doing what I know I'm supposed to be doing and not stress about it. Stressing will just make me hang on to fluid and will pump cortisol through my system. So, I'm going to go with that and not worry about it so much... or at least try to.

He checked my feet and said that what I'm experiencing sounds like plantar faciitis to him, too. He told me that what I was doing was what I am supposed to do for it and he refrained from prescribing steroids, which is good. He told me that there is a strap that running stores sell that holds your foot in a flexed position while you sleep to help keep the ligaments from contracting overnight, resulting in the "OMG, WTF" pain upon rising in the morning. So, I'm going to look into that.

My flare seems to be on the way out, so I'm going to get back to the gym next week. Darn it. :-) I also was very careful today to not get anything overly gluten-y. While very few oats are gluten free in the US, I stayed away from anything with flour/wheat in it today. I know that eating GF (or near enough) is the key to feeling better and feeling better is the key to exercising consitently and exercising consistently is the key to getting and keeping this weight off. So... GF for me! My friend S. says "Don't be a glutton for gluten". :-)I think I need a t-shirt. Hopefully the eating the pre-op diet sans gluten will help me acheive the 15-30-pound weightloss I'm supposed to have prior to surgery.

School is threatening to eat my head, so I've got to get on track and get some stuff done this weekend so that it doesn't have a chance. :-) I've got a 3-day weekend, so I can do homework & housework and still get a little rest. Have a great one, everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yikes, plantar f. is painful. My mother had it but she used one of those straps and it went away. She said it wasn't that comfortable, but worth it. Gotta love being a woman, huh (water retention). Don't let it throw you off course. Just keep eating well, pretend that gain never happened, and your body will reward you. ((hugs))