Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Lookit!

<---- Over there! Look at my ticker! I'm down to 285.6 this morning. I took some advice and pretended that the water weight didn't cause my doctor's scale to go up. I stayed the course and managed to lose weight over a holiday weekend, even though I went to a cookout. Of course, I followed my pre-op guidelines at the cookout for the most part. I did have some dessert but I stuck mostly to protein and made sure that I chewed everything thoroughly. I'm sure that will get annoying to people, but they'll get over it. :-)

Since DH gets off work at 2pm today, I asked him if he maybe wanted to go work out with me this evening and he said he will. I really hope he does! Hopefully we can get his venous stasis ulcers healed so that he can get in the pool with me, too. Until then, it's the exercycle and some walking for us both. But Tues/Thurs are my weightroom days, so he'll either do weights with me, or do cardio while I'm doing weights.

DH & I got to talking about how cooking in our household will change post-op and he said that he's actually looking forward to it. He admitted to me that he's watching with great interest to see how I do with my surgery because he's been thinking about it, too. I love being a guinea pig. :-) Seriously, though... I think that, if he starts working out with me or on his own and if he follows my diet (albeit in slightly larger amounts), he'll lose enough weight that he won't need the surgery because he loses well, when he puts his mind to it. I think that part of his problem is that he doesn't eat enough and he certainly doesn't eat the right things. So, we're working on it. I know that my MIL is worried that family gatherings will change completely after I have my surgery because they won't center around food. I've tried to tell her that they don't, now; there just happens to be food. I told her that I would get her a bariatric cookbook so that she and my BIL (who is a chef) can work on learning bariatric surgery-friendly recipes, though I'm not worried about it. If there's a protein source, I'm good to go. :-)

No comments: