Thursday, August 12, 2010

All Over but the Shouting

I've turned in all my assignments and am waiting on one more grade (and my class participation) in one class. So far, I've got a 95% in the class so my group and I will have had to completely bomb the group project for me to get less than an A in the class, but I'm not assuming I have an A until I see it on my official grade report. My other professor has reported my grade and I -do- have an A in his class. So, yay!

Now, the "boo". I've developed another UTI. I'm not entirely sure why I've gotten more of them in the last 5 years than I have in the entirety of the rest of my life, but... this makes 3 in the last 5 years. I guess that's not the worst odds, but it's still darn inconvenient. I've just been thanking my lucky stars that my body waited until the semester was ending so I have a week or so to get better before having to get up and at 'em again. I went to the clinic on Tuesday (& spent nearly 3 hours there) and got an antibiotic and the lovely dye stuff that helps with pain & other symptoms. I'm now on day 3 of the antibiotic and I'm feeling a bit better. I still have no appetite, which I guess is a good thing. :-/ Unlike other times when I've not had an appetite, I'm actually losing, so I'll count it as a positive for now. Hopefully when my appetite returns it'll be satisfied with less and less so that I'm prepared for the less and less I'm able to eat post-op.

The way I'm feeling with this does confirm the possibility that it was an infection that was causing all my problems last year. Might not've been a UTI, necessarily, but an infection of some kind, though one never showed up in blood work, &c. Still, I will be glad when I'm able to get some pool time in. Hopefully I'll be up to that tomorrow afternoon - assuming the weather cooperates, of course. :-) I'm in orientation until 6PM, but that still leaves plenty of daylight. I'll just have to see how I'm feeling. I may give myself the rest of the week and just hit it on Monday, like I'd planned to. I'll be nearly done with the antibiotic by then, so... I'll just see how badly orientation wears me out.

Hope all are well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, 95% - good for you.

Gotta hate those UTI's. I had one once, but I have a friend who has them chronically...not nice. She drinks a lot of no-sugar cranberry juice.

So get well soon, and revel in the fact that you're so smart!