Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Yay me! I did it!

I keep a notebook in my locker at the gym where I record my workouts. I was very saddened to see that my last entry was in May 2009. But I was also heartened by the fact that I made a plan to go to the gym yesterday and I followed through with it. I was a good girl and I only did 1 set of 15 reps on the weights (did upper body yesterday, will do lower today) just to re-introduce my body to the concept of working out again. I'm hoping that the routine I've designed will be enough for the time being. I may add a couple more core exercises in a month or so, when I've built some strength, but I think I'm okay for now. I'm actually more concerned about hitting all of my lower body muscle groups, honestly. Especially when the machine they have at my gym for the hip flexors/hip adductors/hip abductors looks more like a medieval torture device than a piece of exercise equipment. ;-) I'll figure it out. When in doubt, I'll ask one of the staff to show me how to use it.

In addition to doing my weight circuit, I walked for 30 minutes on the treadmill. If I add my commute to/from the bus, from the bus to the Y, the AM walk break, the 30 minutes on the treadmill and my weights, I got almost an hour and a half of movement in yesterday. Yay me!

My fall term starts today, so wish me luck! I'm determined to manage my time a bit more wisely this semester so that I can get all I need to get done for school, work and at home and still be able to work out and attend to my spiritual life.

1 comment:

Michele said...

Good luck on balancing all of those areas of your life, I know you can do it! Looking forward to continuing on this journey with you. xoxoox