Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Ta da!

I have now survived my first semester in graduate school. I have also survived my first semester in graduate school while also preparing for WLS. My sanity is still mostly intact. :-) The group project in the class on whose grade I was waiting was given a score just high enough for me to keep my A. I've filed away my prof's comments and will definitely seek out more information on projects in the future because I think that the reason we did not do much better is because the assignment wasn't clear enough in our heads. Oh, well. Lesson learned. Still, buried in this paragraph is the fact that I've finished my first semester in grad school with a 4.0!!!!

Semester #2 starts tomorrow. I am, again, taking two classes (6 credit hours) and I'm hoping the extra month in the semester will feel a lot looser. I've already downloaded my syllabi and it doesn't look as though they are trying to simply cram more into the term, which is good. This semester I'm taking Organization of Information and Introduction to Information Technology. I think they'll both be pretty kewl classes. I'll keep you all posted, of course. ;-)

On Thursday, I was actually able to attend my first support group meeting for Foothills Weightloss patients. The topic wasn't anything really new, but it still felt good to have gone. The hubby is going to do everything he can to be able to continue going with me. We took a test on Thursday, and we're supposed to get our results back next month, so that'll be good. It's an eating behavior test and it was really kind of neat to see that my behavior and thinking towards food has really changed in the last few months, which will definitely help me be more successful in the long run.

I'm actually going to the gym tonight for the first time in a LONG time. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Michele said...

WTG! How was the gym?

H. R. Duby said...

@Rapunzel See my next post. ;-)