Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Who'da thunk it?

Not me, that's for sure. The upper respiratory ick is NOT bronchitis, as I suspected. Neither is it simply an "upper (or lower) respiratory infection" or anything else run-of-the-mill. For these purposes, I'm even considering pneumonia as run-of-the-mill because I'd almost suspected it to be the case. Nopey. Nothing so simple for me.

Whooping Cough.

The -hell-?

Turns out that that lovely DPT vaccine we get as littles does, in fact, wear off. That's why we're supposed to get tetnus boosters. Someone forgot to mention to me, though, that there might be a pertussis booster. Oops. So, yeah, I'm going to talk to my doc when I go back about getting that done. *le sigh*

I've also gained 50 pounds since my last visit. We both thought it might not be the worst idea to go back on the Wellbutrin. I did some mental gymnastics and realized that I started gaining weight back when I went off of it. So, if all it does is keep my depression at bay enough to keep me from emotionally eating, it'll be worth the $5/month - especially since the extended release (read one pill/day) is now available as a generic. If I don't have to try to remember it 2X/day, I'll be OK.

Anyway, back to the cough. I'm on an antibiotic (3 days only, thank goodness) and 2 different types of cough medicine - one of which is a narcotic. So, at least I'm able to get some sleep now without coughing my head off. Of course, lying in bed listening to my lungs wheeze isn't my most favorite pastime, but I'll get over it. :-) So, yeah, no exercise for me for another week or so, at least. Not til it's out of my chest completely. At least I'm not running a fever now. The scary bit is that I never really did... Oh, well. That's what I get for thinking that a fever=contagious.

Sorry to any I may have inadvertently infected. :-(

No comments: