Thursday, February 17, 2011

Having a Rough Coupla Weeks

So, okay. I was running late about two weeks ago & I just shoved my meds into my bookbag so I'd have them with me. I remembered to take them that day & somehow one bottle got back to its usual spot, but the others didn't. So I spent almost a week trying to find them which means I also spent nearly a week without my thyroid meds or my anti-depressant. That fed into the flare that the cold started, leaving me in a not-good place. The flare was swiss-cheesing my brain, making it hard for me to remember -anything-, including where I'd left my pills. Thanks be to all that is good, decent & holy that I was looking for something in my bookbag & I found them. I'm now back on all my meds but not being on my anti-depressant left me with a craving for sugar that I'm not proud to admit I indulged a couple of times. The only problem is that, like everything else I've tried since surgery, I tolerated the sugar just fine. :-( so now I'm detoxing from that so I can get back on track. I'm pondering doing a week (or even three days) of liquids to get me back into the proper mind-set. I dunno. All I know is that the scale is going in the wrong direction & I need that to stop.

I guess it just goes to show that my surgeon operated on my stomach, not my mind. I'm the only one who can do that. I did brush off my pen-and-paper journal yesterday and had a little talk with myself. I also made an appointment with my Internist since he's not seen me since about a month before surgery. At my last weigh-in on Monday, I was at 243.6. My appointment is a week from today. I'm setting myself a goal to be under 240 by then. I have my work cut out for me, but I'm counting on a difficult goal being the jumpstart I need to get my a$$ back in gear. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

You seem to have surfed it fairly well, Kid, and may be being a little hard on yourself. Im glad you found your meds, I know how hard it is on our emotions and function(I have Bipolar)when off meds.

Be nice to you, you've been through a lot.

Consider it a hiccup in your journey :)