Friday, October 01, 2010

Now that -that's- out of my system...

... I can move on to becoming fit and fabulous! :-)

I've cracked down hard on my diet and, though it's just the first day, I'm doing well. I'm being very strict with myself because that'll get the detoxing over quickly and get me on my way to feeling better through eating better.

Let's just say that the combination of drinking my quota of water and cutting back on the refined carbs has me not so worried about retaining fluid. ;-)

I'm getting a lot of protein and just a few carbs, mostly in the form of veggies. I've had no soda today, but I have had unsweetened iced tea. Cutting back on the caffeine will have have to happen after I've detoxed from the sugar. Perhaps it would be easier on me if I did it all at once, but it would definitely not be easier on those around me, so...

Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually you can drink all the iced tea you want, even sweetened with splenda. I understand that cutting caffeine is hard. Just focus on the food and cut out regular sugar and processed carbs and that makes the biggest difference! As far as exercise, just do what you can! Even 10 minutes of walking is better than nothing. and you know that 80% of weight loss is nutrition and only 20% is exercise. It will come as you're able to lose some of the weight! Hang in there, I'm so very proud of you!!