Monday, July 20, 2009

It's been an interesting few weeks

Not quite a month ago, I finally came to the realization that I could try to convince myself that I can eat gluten all I want to, but the truth is: I can't. Not even a little bit. So, I'm back being cleanly gluten-free. Thanks be to all that is decent and holy for Earthfare. When I go there, the only thing I have to make sure isn't in the ingredients is gluten. They already check for HFCS and artificial sweeteners, which are the two major things I'm trying to avoid in addition to gluten. I don't know if what I'm dealing with right now is my intestines healing or if there's something new and different that I'm having to cope with, or what. But for the last two weeks, I've been dealing with a re-run of the digestive issues I was dealing with in 2005, down to the same time of year. Hmmm. At least this time, my body is allowing some weight to go instead of holding on to all my fat reserves. I'm sure I'll hit the point of diminishing returns where my body goes "whoa, Nellie! Enough of that!" and shuts down the banishing of weight. I'll enjoy the weight loss while I've got it, because that's about the only good thing about whatever's going on.

You know, I just realized that I had a gastrointestinal thing the first year I was at UT, and that happened in August. Could it simply be coincidence, or is there something I eat or drink at this time of year that I don't otherwise? I shall have to ponder that. It was 10 years between the bout at UT and the bout in 2005. Now it's only 4 years later. Thankfully, at least at this point, I'm not vomiting. I hate vomiting. Probably why I was never bulimic. I'm nauseated as all get out, but I'm keeping what little I'm eating down. Not so much with the other end. Sorry, I know: TMI, but anyway.

I'm trying to stay hydrated as best I can and eating a little as I can. I'm having days where I have 10+ WW points left, which isn't good, and WW Online admonished me for losing 6+ pounds last week. Can't help it. It's not like I'm doing it on purpose. *sigh*

No comments: