Friday, July 24, 2009

The suckage continues

I've realized something the past couple of weeks. It's finally gotten through my head that I need to be on a gluten-free diet, no matter what. You wanna know how I know? I'll tell you. :-) When I have a pooky tummy, as I've had the past couple of weeks, I used to have a few stand-bys that would get me through. Two of them are chockablock with gluten: chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese sammiches. Have I had either of those in the last two weeks? Nopey. I did have chicken and rice soup after the husband carefully read the label. It didn't say "gluten free", but there wasn't anything on the label that looked like it might be hiding gluten. Plus, I didn't react to it like it did, so... I need to find a recipe, or make one, for chicken and wild rice soup - assuming, of course, that wild rice is GF. :-) I was excited to find the Bob's Red Mill GF texturized vegetable protein (TVP), so I could get lucky again. Hey, it could happen.

I'm hoping that my stomach/GI tract starts cooperating soon so that I can eat a bit more at a time. Right now, I'm eating enough to take my meds and keep my blood sugar from plummeting, but not much more than that. For those who know me, this will tell you how bad it was: DH made GF spaghetti for us on Wednesday. I -love- spaghetti and it was something I had a taste for, so... Well, DH ended up finishing my portion. *sigh*

I really don't know if the issues with my stomach are due to my GI tract healing from all the gluten - which I wouldn't think would be an issue since I'm not Celiac but, rather, Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitive (NCGS). Maybe it is. Dunno. Will have to do some more research on that. Don't know if the issues are Fibro-related. The GI tract runs on muscles, after all. I don't know if Fibro affects those sorts of muscle or not, but I have to be open to that possibility.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to eat enough soon that I'll be able to get back to the gym. I feel like a slug right now. I wonder if I'd be okay with slow walking on the treadmill? I suppose I could try it and just keep in touch with how I'm feeling and whatnot. I was a little shaky yesterday, so I dunno. I'll get through the weekend and see how I'm doing. I'll test out my ability to be active by cleaning house. :-)

No comments: