Thursday, August 11, 2005

Montezuma's Revenge, or something

As I have written on my LiveJournal, I am suffering from what could be called Montezuma's Revenge, had I recently visited Mexico. I'm still not entirely sure the cause of it, and I'm really getting tired of it. All I know is that I've had nearly a week straight of extremely watery diarrhea (and I've learned the correct spelling of diarrhea because I've typed it so often...), nausea, loss of appetite, that sort of thing. So far, I'm not doing the jaundice thing or the fever thing... I don't know. My symptoms point to a number of different causes, mostly viral or bacterial in nature. Thusly, I've been somewhat loathe to go to the doctor because in the aforementioned cases, all he'll really be able to do for me is to write me a scrip for an antibiotic in the case of a bacterial infection and tell me to take it easy and get plenty of clear liquids in both cases. Right now, I just can't afford the co-pay for him to tell me to do something I'm already doing, anyway. I just hope that I can keep my errant bowels under control this weekend. Having this and having to cope with the porta-potties doesn't fill me with warm, fuzzy feelings, lemme tell ya.

The truly frustrating part of this is that, despite not taking in many calories and also *ahem* expelling a lot, I've not lost any weight. I figure, if I'm going to suffer from this, it sure would be nice to have a silver lining. Oh, well. Hubby thinks that I'm on a "system lockdown"... he's probably right, dammit. And, I know that not eating puts one's system into starvation mode, thereby lowering one's metabolism, &c. However, as someone who's been desparately trying to lose weight, the concept of not eating and still not losing has been extremely disheartening.

On top of that, I have a spider bite of undetermined origin. Probably nothing to be concerned about, but still.

And now, my damn head's starting to hurt. Prolly due to lack of caffiene, but... *sigh*

No comments: