Monday, April 13, 2009

To Breathe or Not To Breathe....

Asthma. That's what my doctor suspects at the moment. We've thought I might have it in the past, but my lungs will miraculously be symptom-free when he does the breathing test. But he thinks that the Whooping Cough damaged my lungs just enough that asthma is a strong possibility. So, he gave me an antibiotic for the current ick and I have a week on Predinsone and 2 puffs 3X/day of an albuterol inhaler to "tune up my lungs". Then I get to go through the fun of pulmonary function tests in 10-14 days. I guess all the meds are to make sure I don't get a false positive because of the current chest cold. Dunno. I'm a wee bit nervous about the tests because I've heard that one of them involves a blood draw from the artery in my wrist. Owie! I guess I'll deal, but, yeow.

In weight-banishment news, I've banished another 2#. I really wanted to be under 270 by our anniversary (that's today for anyone keeping track), but I missed it. So, that's my goal for the next WI. I know I'd be losing/banishing/releasing better if I could exercise, but even mild exercise tires me out so bad. It's gotten to the point where I have to rest about mid-way going to and coming from the bus... the stop is about 2 blocks away, people. I -know- I'm not in that bad of shape, so... I guess I'm just not getting the O2 I need.

For now, my exercise is going to be attacking the office/guestroom. I'll only be able to do about 15-20 minutes at a time, I'm sure - if that - but I'll at least be getting activity Points. :-)

TTFN.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*hugs* I'll be thinking of you. Get well, soon.