Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Steriod beast

The next time a doctor tells me I need a steroid in either shot or pill form, I want a detailed explanation as to the necessity of said steroid and whether or not taking it will, in fact, benefit me to the point that eating the house while I'm on it is OK. I try to abstain from eating when I'm on a steroid, but I just get so gorram hungry. I've blown through all of my weekly allotment of Points and then some, and my week starts on Monday. I'm trying hard to stick to low Point foods to snack on, but I end up just eating more of them. I've pretty much decided that this week is a write-off. *sigh* But at least my lungs are to the point where I can walk more than 10 minutes at a time, so I guess that's something. Sheesh!

-So- not expecting a banishment this week. Heck, if I maintain, I'll be happy. Srsly.

I take the last Prednisone pill on Friday, so I'm hoping the effects of it (the eating like a horse and then eating the horse effects) are gone by Monday. I'll start fresh then. I'm still recording everything, so I can have a record of how bad it actually is, so that I'll have ammunition for the "nope, not doing that again" decision on steroids.

Hells bells, people! This is the second dose of them I've had this year. That's enough for anyone. Really.

If asthma treatment requires a regular intake of steroids, I'm just gonna suffer with it (the asthma) and make do.

No comments: