Friday, June 29, 2007

A Bump in the Road

I hit a bump in the road the last couple of weeks. I went almost completely off of my eating program and gave into the stress/emotional eating that comes with a stressful, emotional time. Two weeks in a row, I ended up with a gain on weigh-in day. *sigh* Well, I decided that enough is enough, dammit. So, I weighed in on Wednesday and I recommitted myself to eating on program, to getting my exercise in, to drinking my water and to journaling when I got an urge to eat out of stress or emotion (including boredom). So far, so good. Our issues with the Y should be straightened out now, so I'm going to recommit to going to the gym 4 days/week. I plan to lift weights or take a Pilates class 2 of those days, which will mean a shorter cardio workout, but I still think that's a good workout regimen. If I do an hour of cardio 2 days a week, and do 30 minutes each of cardio and resistance the other two days, and do a simple workout @ home on the weekends, and walk my hour on Thursdays before I come in to work, I think that should be more than enough exercise for a non-athlete. :-)

I finally went to my doctor about the insomnia/migraines/breathing issues. He tested me for asthma based on my symptoms, but I have only exercise-induced asthma. I have an inhaler that I'm supposed to keep with me when I work out so that I can continue working out. :-) He thinks that the migraines are triggered by sleep deprivation, so we are concentrating on the insomnia right now. He said that, if we get the insomnia under control and I continue to have migraines with the frequency that I have been, that we'll re-visit that issue and try to attack it from another angle. The med that he has me on for insomnia is also prescribed as a migraine preventative and to help with anxiety, so I'm hoping that it will help with all three, since they are all issues. I do think that it's helping with the insomnia, as I'm only waking up a couple of times rather than the 4-5 times I was.

It is official, however... I've now lost enough weight that I need to buy new bras. *sigh* I hate shopping for bras. Oh, well. I'm now able to wear a pair of jeans that's been in my closet for nearly 5 years, which is darn kewl. I'm gonna need all new clothes here before too long, but I'm prolly going to haunt the thrift stores because, as I'm still losing, I don't want to drop a small fortune on clothes that I won't be wearing for more than a few months at the outside.

Anyway. Life is mostly going okay. It's Friday, the sun is shining and I'm above ground. That always is a good sign. :-)

No comments: