Wednesday, June 16, 2010

What was I thinking? :-)

I'm not seriously doubting my decision to graduate school, but I have to question my sanity sometimes trying to do it and work full time. In any case, I'm caught up with all my reading and am trying to stay a little ahead (easier said than done, but I'm trying). I have two projects due next week, so I'm trying to get them done AND keep up with the reading. I think I'm OK and I'm really liking my classes.

So, how is going to graduate school and working full time interfering with my wellness program? Funnily enough, it's not. In fact, I think I'm actually benefitting from it in that regard. I'm walking home from the library, which is about 40 minutes, 2X/week, and I've been helping Circulation get books shelved. Since my classes are online and I've been getting online @ home, I've been thinking about setting my laptop to the side and using the pedaler when I don't actually have to talk. So far, I'm not stress eating, which is a novel concept, but I'm excited to recognize that I may be stressed out, but I'm not turning to food to salve it. This is a GOOD thing.

I go see the psychologist on 07/01 and 07/06. I had to change my appointments due to financial constraints and because my evening shift day changed. I go back to see my PCP on 07/07 so we can see how much progress I've made, if any. I've not lost a LOT according to my home scale, but I'll be happy with even 2 pounds since my last visit. I would, of course, be much happier with 5 or 6 pounds, but I'll take the downward trend over the upward trend, any day. :-)

I hope all are well! TTFN.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so very proud of you and your commitment to this. I think you've made a very hard decision and I support you 100%! Can I offer some advice about Grad school? Everyone doubts their decision to do it...trust me...even when you've finished. But it's so worth it. And you'll be fine. Another little bit of advice...don't kill yourself trying to read EVERYTHING they assign. I may get some heat on that statement, but as long as you have prepared enough to contribute to discussion and stay on top of the topic, you'll be fine. I never read everything I was supposed to and I did fine! And you are a lot like me in that respect. So, just hang in there and do what you can... Let me know if I can help at all.

H. R. Duby said...

Thanks, Kim! I appreciate your support more than you'll ever know. I hope things are well with you. Drop me a note if you get a chance and let me know what's going on. XOXO