Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Where do I go from here....

I may lose some readers over this, but that's OK.

After nearly 20 years of diet after diet after diet and having limited, temporary success, I've decided to look into bariatric surgery. I've been researching it for about three years now, but have only just broached the subject with my Internist. After a lot of tears and a lot of talking, he says that he's in favor of it because I've tried to lose weight with less drastic means and have had the aforementioned limited, temporary success and have so many co-morbidities as to not be funny. So, he recommended a couple of bariatric centers in the area and told me which of them he's had better reports about from his patients. After much research and meditation, I picked The Foothills Weight Loss Center in Maryville, TN. On Saturday, I attended the mandatory informational lecture and have scheduled my appointment to meet with the surgeon for my initial consultation. I've already contacted my insurance company and they have told me that, so long as the surgery is pre-approved and so long as I use an in-network provider (which the surgeon I've picked is), my coverage is 100%.

The major problem I see right now is that we only have 1 vehicle between us and DH's schedule is so erratic that trying to schedule appointments around it may prove interesting. Unfortunately, trying to buy a car AND save up for the program fees at the same time is nigh impossible. I am praying that a way will be shown to do both because us having a 2nd car is becoming less of a want and more of a need, which sucks because I hate to drive. I feel Divine hands assisting with my progress towards surgery, so maybe They will assist in us finding an affordable, reliable, economical vehicle that is mechanically sound. As long as the bad looks don't affect the structure of the vehicle, I don't even particularly care what it looks like.

Anyway... so the majority of my posts will become talking about my path to surgery and my life thereafter. I hope you stick around, but understand if you feel the need to quit reading. Unsupportive comments will be summarily deleted.

No comments: