Friday, April 23, 2010

Well, this should prove interesting...

Yesterday, I got the usual bulletin that the State Insurance sends out to all employees who subscribe to their insurance. It turns out that our insurance will change in January, and that we'll have to choose another insurance during open enrollment this year. :-( So, I'm -really- hoping that I can get my surgery approved before the end of the year. I'm going to work my tail end off to make sure that I do everything I need to do to ensure that it happens. Thankfully, my appointment is next month, which still leaves 7 months until the end of the year. I -hope- that some of the nurse practitioner-led nutrition classes will count towards my six months, which it might only if the requirement isn't six -consecutive- months, which I fear it may be. Of course, IDK if my insurance requires six months of medically supervised diet or not. I expect I will find that out on 05/13. Gosh, this is cutting it close, but... Since Divine hands have seemed to be guiding the process thus far, I can only hope that it continues to get me thru and approved and sleeved by the end of the year. Prayers are gratefully accepted towards that end.

In the news of the AWESOME, I found out yesterday that I got accepted into my graduate program. So life is, once again, full of equal parts awesome and WTF? :-)

ETA: I did some trolling on the interwebs to see if I could find the current policy regarding WLS requirements. The one I found was from 10/2009, so I expect that's the current one unless there's a new one coming out soon. Anyway, it says they require 6 months, but it does NOT say six consecutive months, nor does it say what sort of time frame I had to have done this in. So, I'm hoping all is well. Keep praying, though. There's no such thing as too many prayers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope all works in your favor. I completely support you in this decision. I know how long and how hard you've been struggling. I hope you are able to find peace and happiness with this bit of help. I'm thinking of you.

Lap Band Groupie said...

Just found your blog and I can't wait to watch your journey! -BG

I'm here:
http://bandgroupiethesweetspot.blogspot.com/