Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Telephone Tag

Why is it that I can get extraordinarily awesome care while I'm physically present at my Internist's office and then get such crappy customer service, for lack of a better term, via phone. When you call to get a referral or a prescription re-filled, it takes a bolt of lightning, Deus ex Machina and three acts of Congress to get them to return your phone call. I guess I need to complain more than I already have.

Today's complaint brought to you by the fact that I'm still swelling in my lower legs and I've not heard about the Lasix I asked about, nor have they refilled my normal diuretic and I have only until Friday left. I forgot I only had the one refill left, so it's partially my fault. In my defense, I've been dealing with things that make people a bit spacey. I'm also feeling a bit off. I can't really describe it beyond that. I hope that it's due to the antibiotic working against the infection rather than just killing off my intestinal flora and making me miserable. It'll do that anyway, but that's OK if it kills the infection, too.

At least there is Glee tonight. :-)

ETA: Just got a call from my doctor's office. If I'd known all I needed to do was rant, I'd have done it two days ago. ;-)

No comments: