Thursday, November 19, 2009

Ponders for the day

I was writing in my pen-and-paper journal this morning and had an apostrophe. I started pondering the correlation between weight issues, clutter issues and financial issues. I've not fully thought it out, but I know it's there, and I think the crux issue is the clutter issue. However, I also believe that they are an unholy trinity wherein you cannot successfully fix one of the problems without also fixing the others. I say that clutter is the root issue because it usually comes from having too much stuff, so it's a symptom of disorganization and excess. The same tools you use to fix one problem - especially the food/financial dyad - will certainly help the others. For example, if you keep a food log, which all of the "experts" recommend, you tend not to overeat. If you keep a spending log (not just a transaction register, but what you spend $ on), you tend to spend less. I'm positive that this isn't new information and that there is a book out there, I just haven't found it yet.

I need to meditate about this some more and think about what tools I can use to fight all three issues like a broad spectrum antibiotic for issues. I need to tackle all three if I have any hope of being successful in reaching my goal weight, having a clean house, and having my financial house in order.

And if there isn't already a book out there, then maybe I need to write one. :-)

ETA: Of course Peter Walsh has written such a book. How could I ever doubt him? :-) Enough Already. I have it checked out from our library and will see if it helps me collect my thoughts on the subject.

No comments: