Wednesday, October 29, 2008

After some consideration...

I spent some time talking with the husband last night since he actually had the evening and I could actually talk to him face-to-face rather than by text like we normally have to do. He and I both agree that it's probably better on my "we don't likes change, precious" psyche to not try to do too much all at once. He also thinks, and I agree, that being off gluten first will help my muscles feel better enough that I'll feel up to exercising. I know from personal experience that I'm much more inclined to follow a reducing diet if I'm exercising because I know how much work goes into burning off each and every one of those pesky kCals and I hate to have hard work go to waste. :-) So, step 1: get back to where my diet is cleanly gluten (or at least wheat) free. I'm giving myself 2 weeks for step 1. So, if I'm not making some sort of mention that I've started exercising or have given some actual reason that I'm not by November 10, start nagging at me, OK? That means you, inner trainer! If I'm feeling up to exercise before then, I'm gonna start. In fact, I prolly ought to at least start taking my AM walk breaks, even though it's cold out there! Still, "they" say that you burn more calories exercising in the cold. Who knows if that's true, but I'm willing to accept the possibility. :-)

On or before 11/10/2008, I will start exercising again. I'd dearly love to be up to doing the half marathon I'd planned for myself in March 2009, and I'm gonna try to be there... walking, of course. If not, I'm at least going to attempt the 5K that goes along with the Knoxville Marathon. I should at least be up for 3.1 miles, even if I'm not up for 13.1. Monday, 10 November, I will do my official WW re-start weigh-in. That will tell me how many Points I'm allowed per day. For full accountability, and it really disgusts me to put this out for anyone and their beloved second cousin to read, but... My weight on Monday, 27 October was 272.6#. Blech! Many people who know me stare at me in disbelief (Gods love 'em) when I say that, but believe me, I'm feeling every tenth of a pound. Of course, when I weighed today (only my weights on Monday "count"), it was 268.8, so I guess this gluten-free thing is the way to go. *snerk* Still. Blech. But, ya gotta start somewhere, right? To add to the accountability, I put a weightloss ticker on this blog. It's to the left of the text. Cute kitties, huh?

No comments: