Thursday, July 28, 2005

Best laid plans...

I went home yesterday with the intention of getting in the pool for a bit. In fact, I called the husband from the transfer point to see if he wanted to dunk his feet in the water while I swimmed (I don't like being out there by myself...) and he'd agreed. But before I could get changed, the skies opened up and it thunderstormed until almost time for me to go to bed. So, that shot that idea. Oh, well.

Right now, we need to get our AC looked at. It's a wierd wall unit thingy like you'd see in a motel room. I'm not sure if it's shot or easily repaired or what. The major reason we've not had it looked at is because the living room is a wreck. So, I've decided that I'm not doing a very good job with cleaning the living room in time to actually get something done, so I'm going to re-locate the mess to another part of the house for the time being. That way, we'll be able to get the AC looked at and I'll be able to deal with the mess in bit-sized peices in the cool. But, the best part about it is that the living room (really the only room the AC will adequately cool) will be cleared out so that I'll be able to do Yoga or one of my exercise vids in cool. I'm not sure how we'll cool the bedroom for the next month or so... maybe we'll just cut off the AC at night and open the window... we'll see. Maybe the fan will be enough to pull the cooler air into the room. Dunno.

Anyway, if it stays this cool for the next few days, then I'll be able to do more work in the living room, which is always good. Being able to have exercise options is also good.

No comments: