Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Ah, the dreaded stall

Most WLS surgery patients hit a huge stall at about 3 weeks after surgery. I didn't. Mine waited until I was almost 6 months after surgery, where I've been sitting at the same weight (up and down, and down and up) for a month now. *le sigh* I'm trying to power through it because I know that, from here on out, banishing is going to get harder and harder. From my high, I'm currently down about 83# and am down almost 53# since surgery. I'd really hoped to have more banished by my 6-month anniversary (this past Monday), but I also knew that PCOS and hypothyroid would make me a slower loser, so... 53# is not too shabby and it's still 53# less than I was carrying around 6 months ago and I'm not knocking it.

So, what does a cranky wolfcub who's scale is being a bitch do? She tries on clothes that have either never fit or have not fit in a long time to see how things are going. I am now able to get into a couple of dresses that I've never been able to wear, including the dress that I'm intending to wear when hubby & I renew our vows sometime this year. I may even have to have it altered before much longer. Ah, darn. ;-) I tried on a pair of size 16 pants. These are not 16W, they are regular old 16s. Snug? You bet. But I can get them on AND zipped! 16s!!!!! The next time I'm out and about, I may try on some 16W just to get an idea of where I am there. I'm thinking they are about 5 pounds away, or a few measely inches. :-) So, if I can actually start getting my sorry butt into the gym to start firming up, I should be good to go soon.

I'm really, really hoping that I start wooshing for a couple of weeks so that I can still meet the goal my surgeon set for me. He wanted me to be under 200 by my 6-month follow-up, which has, providentially, been moved to July 14. I'll need a few woosh weeks to get there. I'm going to knuckle down on my eating and start measuring my food again. I'm also going to up my cardio and resistance and just see how I do. I've been working on flexibility and can actually put all ten fingertips on the floor again. I'm very close to putting my palms down on the floor, and that's very exciting!

Wish me luck that I can power through this stall and get the scale consistently moving in a downward trend again. I can't abide by the idea that this is all I'm going to banish. Darn it.

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

"You can dew EET!" dont let this get you down, all your ideas to break it are great and you do have some things running against you so hang on lil grasshopper :)

InWeighOverMyHead said...

Those NSV's are great. :)

- Lisa
http://inweighovermyhead.blogspot.com/