Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Happy birthday to me... sort of.

Well, my birthday has come and gone. Unfortunately, the 10# I'd hoped to have lost by now are still there. *sigh* I'm trying to decide if I should just resign myself to the fact that I'm just not going to be able to lose weight without some serious help. Actually, I've pretty much decided that. Now comes the decision as to what constitutes "serious help". We've not yet been able to do the New Moon "fat suit removal" ritual. I've got to get that on our calendar. I know that will go a long way towards calling in the "big guns", as it were. I just can't seem to find the willpower I need to stay away from Cokes and candy and other carby goodies. I don't know if a low-carb diet is the answer or not. All I know is that I feel bloody awful. Awful.

Since I last wrote, I managed to aggravate my sciatic nerve. I expect I tried not to step on/trip over a cat and stepped wrong. Now, my hip is switching back and forth between hurting a little and hurting a lot. Point is, it almost always hurts these days. I need to go home and put my hot sock on it Anyway, I've been putting off any major exercise because the Race is this weekend and I want to be able to do it. I'm going to have to decide whether or not I'm really up for it, or not... I hate having to give into my horribly weak body. Dammit. But, after the weekend, I've got to get back to doing something for exercise. I received a Bellydancing DVD for my birthday, so I'm going to try that. Hopefully, it will help strengthen my hips so that I don't injure myself again, simply stepping over the cat. That gives me bellydancing, yoga, indoor walking, my pedaler, the NYC Ballet workout, the Ballet Workout, Tae-Bo, Richard Simmons, and Susan Powter to work out with. I have the Firm, too, but I don't know if I'll be able to do it without the step or not. But, that gives me a lot to choose from without leaving the house. I just need to work on getting the living room cleaned up so that I can use it to exercise in. I guess I should start there.

As for my diet. Sheesh. I don't know if I feel up to talking about it right now. I'm really hovering on the edge of the eating disorder. Right now, I'm pretty much giving myself carte blanche with regards to what I'm eating because at least I'm eating. Once the ED temptation eases a bit, then I'll be more discriminating.

*sigh*

No comments: